Saturday 31 March 2012

Saturday afternoon in a nail bar

Well it's Saturday afternoon and I'm in a nail bar in Leicester. My gf is having her nails 'filled in'. I have been to a another shop and the toilet and I have still spent the last hour here. I have a bachelor of science degree in chemistry and I am baffled at what solvents are in the air in this place. It's awful the guys behind the counter are all wearing surgeons masks. Sadly, they do not provide protection from all of the chemicals that are in the atmosphere. Surgeons wear them to prevent THEIR microbes going onto the patient. So by wearing them they are saying one of several things:
1. We work with nasty chemicals that will seriously, and negatively, affect our health and we are not going to open a window as we want our clientele to inhale it too
2: we have horrible diseases and instead of being in quarantine we are going to protect our clientele from these diseases
Personally, I think the people who work in these places can't sue their employer for not providing a safe working environment. Being in their for an hour screamed just one thing to me...we are here to make money and we do not care how we do it

No comments:

Post a Comment